Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stem Cell Transplant Blog Day 9

Happy Saturday to you all.

As promised I will share some pictures with you guys.

First of all, let me introduce to you Gertrude, My dancing partner for the next few weeks:

She beeps once in a while but besides that she is a sweetheart!
The next one is the nurse inspecting my Picc Line:


Picc Line looks fine so let's prepare the Melphalan Chemo:


You can see by the way the nurse dresses up with full face mask and all. That shows you how Toxic the Melphalan can be! I asked her if she was about to solder something?!? lol

Next, well it's me getting the Chemo...gotta keep smiling!



And the last one is just me Blogging:


Have to keep your mind Busy!

Besides that feeling not too bad. Still Nausea and a little diarrhea. Still have alot of heartburn though!
But this is all a question of time before it all gets back to normal. I guess that's why we are called "Patients".

Numbers for today:

WBC 3.08
Hgb  121
Platelets  168
Neutrophils 2.85

My Potassium levels were a little low yesterday and today too so I am getting Potassium supplements intravenously today.

Oh ya , Have you noticed the Award I received! Up left corner. Pretty proud of that!

Well that's it for now. Might Blog later.

Have a great weekend.

Keep Fighting!

Yvon

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dominate Yvon! I'll be following... -Phil

Annick said...

Good to see you on pictures!
Congratulation for the Award, so cool! Keep the faith, A xx

Annick said...

Ça me fait rigoler comment l'infirmière est habillée... moi aussi j'ai passé des examens (pour le coeur) et ils arrivent avec un produit nucléaire dans un espèce de pot en béton et ils sont habillés en guerriers masqués!
Toi tu es en mini jaquette sur une table... et on te dit que ce n'est pas dangereux, hi hi!
À la fin on te donne une lettre au cas où tu passes aux douanes car ça se pourrait que tu fasses sonner la machine, hi hi!
Oh que wow! love, A xx

Donate Cord Blood said...

Wonderful blog! I truly love how it’s uncomplicated on my eyes and the details is well written. I am wondering how I can be notified whenever a new post has been made.