Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Stem Cell Transplant Blog Day 17.....Travelling Back in time!

Hi everyone!

I'm finally awake! lol

Man, I thought I was tired before, now I'm re-tired!!!

Anyway, let's move back in time and pretend that it's Feb 6 2011.

Wake up feeling like crap again and very tired. But cant wait to get my Blood Work results. Still feeling nauseous and have Diarrhea. Not much appetite but I eat fruit salads, yogurt and stuff like that. They decide to put me on TPN (total parenteral nutrition). See Wiki for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parenteral_nutrition

I dont really like the idea! Why I was put on this is because I do not eat enough according to them. No kidding!!! Well  let me tell you that this is my 8th hospital stay in 8 different Hospitals and the food here is just truly AWFUL! It's all reheated stuff. And it's not just me. It's their no 1 complaint at this Hospital. The Hospital where I got my first transplant is just 1 mile away and I was told that the patients there eat an average of 30% more! No kidding!

Great news though, Guess what my Neutrophils  just 10 days after transplant are at? 6.23...Wow! 0.51 yesterday!

And to say I had a talk with a nurse 2 days ago about my numbers climbing already and she said it would go back down, it was just a twitch. But I did not believe her, I know my body. Numbers Jumped up just like my first Transplant. Yahoooo!

So, Blood counts:
WBC 7.29
Hgb  110
Platelets 31 ....a little low!
Neutrophils 6.23, Bingo!

I slept through most of that day. My only thoughts were: I wanna go Home....... ET go home!

Nothing much more happened that day. I knew I was on my way back and did it again. Felt Proud of myself!

Went to bed at 9.

Thanks for reading again.

Catch you tomorrow for day 18.

Keep Fighting!

Yvon

1 comment:

child cord blood banking said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!